The affirmations which follow carefully specify our teaching position with regard to the major doctrines of Scripture:
- God is the creator and sovereign ruler of the universe who has eternally existed in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Mankind is made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. By his own choice, man chose to disobey God in spite of warnings regarding the consequences for doing so. As a result, mankind is separated from God and under his condemnation.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who is co-equal with the Father, fully God and yet also fully man. He lived a sinless human life and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power and authority over sin and death.
- Bible is God’s word to mankind which was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is truth without any mixture of error.
- Holy Spirit is present in the world to make humankind aware of their need for Jesus Christ, dwells in every Christian from the moment of salvation and provides believers with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right.